Udemy was launched in 2010 by its founder Eren Bali. The platform has more than 300 million students taught in 65 languages and home to more than 150,000 languages. The headquarters of Udemy is located in San Francisco and has 5 satellite offices all over the world.
Table of Content
How To Register With Udemy?
To register with Udemy is completely free. The interface of the platform is really easy-to-use and navigate around. I have put together a step by step guide on the registration process:
- Open a browser and visit www.udemy.com
- Click Sign Up in the top right corner
- Add your Full Name, Email and Create a Password
- You’ll be sent a confirmation email
Udemy Sign Up
Once you are signed up you can begin by clicking on Categories and then start to browse the courses on offer. You are then able to use the Filter selector to be more specific in your search.
Udemy Filter Selector
Udemy’s Free Courses
Udemy made quite a significant change to its free courses as of April 2020. The platform used to offer thousands of free courses. Currently, you can find just under 600 courses for free on its platform. You may be thinking darn, I missed out on a bunch of free courses. Well, that is true, but have you considered that quantity doesn’t always mean quality. This is just one of the reasons that Udemy made the change to its free courses, so that learners really distinguish the value between free and paid courses.
Udemy browse free courses
Udemy’s new free courses are more limited than its paid courses, which makes sense, especially when you are trying to differentiate between free and paid courses. The new free courses must be no more than 2 hours of video content, and their option to direct message and QA with the teacher and other students is not available any more. The objective of the free experience is to get a taste of the topic and the instructor before deciding on whether you want to commit to a paid course or not.
The free Udemy courses that are currently being offered are the following;
- Web Development: 64 free classes
- IT & Software: 41 free classes
- Personal Transformation: 33 free classes
- Programming Languages: 23 free classes
- Microsoft: 22 free classes
- Network & Security: 19 free classes
- Personal Productivity: 18 free classes
- 3D & Animation: 15 free classes
- Digital Marketing: 13 free classes
- Web Design: 13 free classes
- WordPress: 17 free classes
- Excel: 13 free classes
- HTML: 10 free classes
- Meditation: 9 free classes
- Goal Setting: 8 free classes
- HTML5: 7 free classes
- Investing: 6 free classes
- Blender: 5 free classes
- Blockchain: 5 free classes
- C#: 5 free classes
- CSS: 5 free classes
- Entrepreneurship Fundamentals: 5 free classes
- SEO: 5 free classes
- Adobe Illustrator: 4 free classes
- Amazon AWS: 4 free classes
- Email Marketing: 4 free classes
- Fitness: 4 free classes
- Game Development Fundamentals: 4 free classes
- Git: 4 free classes
- Java: 4 free classes
- Marketing Strategy: 4 free classes
Note: You can only receive a certificate of completion on a paid course. Free courses do not offer any certificates.